Advent - 10th December 2011 (Christmas trees)

Oh! the excitement in our house.....okay I'm excited then.......the tree up!  After a busy day of cleaning the lounge, paying in the Christingle money and facing the queues at the Post Office to send a few parcels and letters abroad, I asked hubby to bring down the goodies from the attic.  So this morning it was lovely to come down and switch on the lights and have my 'time alone' in the glow of lights and candles.......ahh!

Some people have a 'theme' for Christmas - colour co-ordinated tree and baubles.  Ours is a haphazard tree...it's green artificial and the baubles consist of a box of wooden decorations given to me by a friend, other baubles given likewise, some stuff the kids made at school and the tinsel is quite old now......but the whole thing has memories of people.  When the kids were young we had paper chains and balloons - it was like Santa's grotto.  It's a little more tame these days but yesterday it even got a smile out of my atheist son (his description, not mine!).  The lights might be on their way out (I only have one spare bulb left - why can't you buy replacements anymore?) but I'll stay true to them until they give up.

It's a cold and frosty morning (that rings a bell!!) and today I want to do a little Christmas shopping.  There are only two weeks to go I suddenly realise!  Have a good day.

Comments