Advent - 15th December 2011 (unique as snowflakes)


Sometimes I haven't a clue what I'm going to write about and today is one of them!  Finding something to say every day can be hard, because, let's face it, I'm just an ordinary person going about an ordinary life like so many others.  My day consists of chores (washing, ironing, shopping, cleaning), my voluntary work and interests.  I much prefer the interests to the chores!

But I am unique!  I'm not boasting here - each one of us is unique.  Each one of us is like a snowflake, individual, not like anyone else.  We may inherit family genes, look similar to our parents, brothers, sisters etc. even have some similar mannerisms to family members but we are not clones.  That is what is so fascinating about the world and the people we are.  There will never be anyone like you.  Remember YOU ARE UNIQUE!

That's a lovely thought isn't it?  Because often we all seem the same or we look up to others who have more than us, celebs with their 'privileged' lifestyles.  They are unique but so are you and we can share that with others.  We all have something we can teach, whether it is passing on our cooking skills or teaching a child to read. We all have our own voice and opinions, skills that others admire whether that is something creative or the ability to organise or to listen to others, to comfort or do odd jobs for neighbours. Of course you won't be the only one good at these things BUT no one will do it quite like you!

So while we might think we are ordinary, perhaps even boring, we are not.  So my snowflakes, tell yourself today as you launch out into the world - I AM UNIQUE.

Comments