Advent - 18th December 2011 (Christmas carols)


I am listening to Celtic Christmas music while I write this - there is also a link to the side to the blog Celtic Treasure and the link to this radio station can be found there. It's really nice music!

Still on the theme of Christmas music, I hope to go to Nine Lessons and Carols at my church tonight (church twice in one day....what can I say?!).  I always love this service and it's a chance to have a good sing of well known carols.  Thinking of carols, I like so many, traditional and less well known ones.  Growing up my parents sang in a choral society and every Christmas they had a concert so me and my brother went along (we got dragged along to other concerts too in the year which weren't our cup of tea!).  There were always new carols, things I'd never heard before but which became favourites of mine like the Coventry Carol, Ring Out Wild Bells, Torches.   So my Christmas music varies across a wide spectrum.  One of my all-time favourite carols is In the Bleak Mid Winter (not the most popular tune, the other one, not sure who composed that one).

Well, I have to get some breakfast now - and get dressed!  See you tomorrow.

Comments