Advent - 7th December 2011 (pop goes Christmas!)

I should be at choir rehearsal this morning but that's not going to happen as I'm not up to it.  Thankfully, there is one more rehearsal next week before our big night on 19th December.

I woke totally confused, wondering why my youngest son was up so early.  Somehow I'd lost two days - I thought it was Monday!  Normally I don't see my son until lunchtime but on Wednesdays he has an early lecture at Uni so this morning I actually managed a conversation with him!  He is not the chatty kind (well not since his teens started) so it was nice to catch up.  He's also not one to ask for help with his studies (never was) but he has been struggling with an essay on journalism so I offered to read some of the stuff and I think I almost know as much about objectivity in journalism as he does now!

I've been thinking about my favourite Christmas songs, you know, the pop kind, those specials brought out each year to top the charts.  I'm crazy about Christmas music and as soon as December arrives I bring out all my CD's which vary from pop to classical and carols.  It's really hard to choose favourites, but I'll have a go:

Mary's Boy Child - Boney M
Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
Stop the Cavalry - Jona Lewie
Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid
Fairytale of New York - The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl

In my Christmas record collection I have a Beach Boys  album, a Motown  album and a Phil Spector cassette (remember cassettes?)  Anyone like to say what their favourite Christmas pop song is?

Pump up the volume! Get bopping and sing along:





Comments