Something in the air....!

I so agree!
It's too early for spring so it must be something to do with it being the start of a New Year that makes me want to clear and tidy up cupboards and shelves etc.  Made a start this morning on my bedside cabinet which was overflowing in the cupboard part, the shelf and the top.  Before I knew it I was sitting on the floor surrounded by books, bits of paper, old diaries, photos and other debris.  I ended up looking through everything, stuff I've not seen since.....the last time I did this (whenever that was). There were books I'd forgotten about, some yet unread, notebooks with ideas for stories and lots else.  The process took the whole morning but at least I have got rid of a few things and left a couple of books out to read.  It all looks so nice now - if only it would stay that way!

My younger son was also having a clear out of papers and I moved on to the coat stand in the hall.  Three of the four of us had more than one jacket there and there was no room for any visitors to leave coats, so theirs were usually draped over the banisters.  Now I see light!  Even the hall looks slightly larger.

There is much more to do and I will be tackling the bedroom again and gradually ticking off these from my list of jobs I want done.  It makes me feel good when I have a clear out and I see the results. It feels good!

Comments