Thinking of holidays


Despite the cold (expecting snow tonight!) and also having a sore throat, hubby and I went off to the Holiday Destinations Exhibition yesterday.  We spent a couple of hours going round all the stands advertising their holiday/country and picked up a few brochures and entered a few competitions.  The world stage didn't seem to have any dancers this year (drat!) but we did see the ex-TV newsreader, Sir Trevor McDonald in interview.  The highlight for me was to find they had three park homes/caravans to walk around.  Hubby wouldn't come in, but I love wandering around the rooms, opening cupboards, drawers and wardrobes and inspecting the kitchen appliances!  I did drag hubby into one when I went back to see if the caravan had a washing machine!  Good fun, anyway.  Other than that the exhibition was much the same and previous years.  I tried a sample of some vegan cake (yummy) and I bought a bar of hand made soap from Just Soaps of the Earth.


Tonight I'm going to a quiz night at my church and my eldest son is coming along.  Our table will be Mothers' Union members with partners and friends.  Let's hope we can do ourselves proud!

Comments