Week of many things!


Frogs Spawn!
It seems ages since I was last here.  Life is always busy around this time for me.  Last week I was out almost every day.  I went to visit my brother and his wife the day after going to the Hockney exhibition but I did decide to miss choir on Wednesday because my throat and cough were still bugging me.  They still are but I must go tomorrow otherwise I won't know my parts for the concert next month.  I shall just have to mime!  On Thursday I met my son's girlfriend for the first time, a quick hello at Paddington Station before she went home.  The station has a London 2012 shop (Olympics) and I had a browse round there and bought a Tshirt, pin badge and a cap.  Pleased with my purchases as I saved myself postage by not ordering online!. My son and I then walked through part of Kensington Gardens as it was such a lovely warm, sunny day.  I then went on to my poetry class.

On Friday hubby and I went to the Who Do You Think You Are show as we are both into family history.  We went to a lecture on finding relatives abroad and then generally browsed and picked up leaflets and I got a discount when I upgraded my subscription to Ancestry to the Worldwide membership.  Have spent hours online tracking down an aunt of my grandmother's who emigrated to Canada.  Exciting stuff.

The season of Lent is upon us and I have given up chocolate and biscuits.  Not original, I know, but I needed an incentive to do it!  I nearly messed that up yesterday when a friend offered me a piece of KitKat and I almost forgot my pledge.  Close thing!

I am taking part in the Women's World Day of Pray on Friday when I am reading a prayer.

I have finished the Dickens book (oh! joy!) and am now reading Taking Care of Frankie by Maeve  Binchy and it's like coming home.  A nice easy read with characters I know from previous books...lovely.

I've also had a lot of work to do in my role as Branch Leader or Mothers' Union as I had to sort out a rota of people to put on a simple Lent Lunch after Stations of Cross every Friday in Lent.  Managed to cover four of the six weeks so have handed the other dates to another church group to fill in!  I was up in London yesterday at MU Diocesan Council meeting which was a truly inspiring day and came home with lots of papers to read and sort out.  Much to do there.

Comments