Singing and a river walk

Hampton Court Palace
Haven't said much about my singing activities lately.  I missed a few rehearsals this year due to my cold which hung on and on and affected my voice but we had our end of term concert on Wednesday in the Culture Cafe at The Rose.  We sang three African songs (we are good at those!), an old favourite, Something Inside So Strong, a 17th century song which was little dodgy but not too bad and a jazzy little number Have You Met Miss Jones which was great fun.  We also did our first ever Beatles song In My Life.  This last one the sopranos were supposed to go into harmony in the second verse but merrily carried on in unison!  I tried but no one around me seemed to harmonising.  There's only so much one can do on ones own!  But overall we did well.  I do like performing live.

The weather has been so gorgeous these last few days so today I went out with eldest son and we walked along the River Thames from Kingston to Hampton Court.  We stopped along the way to eat and then when we arrived we headed for the cafe and had a drink (I was impressed that they had soya milk - places are finally getting their act together).  We then walked around the gardens by Hampton Court Palace which were a swathe of daffodils.  It was so nice to be out in the sunshine.

I have an ambition to walk the length of the Thames one day, or maybe do bits every now and then.  I love being by water, the river or sea, which is weird as I don't like being in water.  I am woman of contradictions!

The gardens at Hampton Court Palace
Today, with the walk over we gladly got the train back home!
























Comments