Celebrations all round!

Sorry to disappoint you but this is not me!
This is taken in the Science Museum, London.
It seems ages since I was last here.  Sorry folks, I've been otherwise engaged.  There was the Jubilee Weekend when there was much TV watching and on the Bank Holiday Monday we met up with family in London and visited the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum. The following day was my birthday and a friend took me out for brunch.  The Chocolate Teapot is a lovely English cafe with nice china cups and sauces, lovely cakes and china teapots. We had a table by the window and I ordered poached eggs on toast with beans plus a hot chocolate.  The ladies who served us were lovely and pointed out that the Queen was celebrating with me!  They then proceeded to call me 'your Highness' throughout our visit and presented me with a little cake with a union jack and a lighted candle and they sang Happy Birthday to me.  I was almost moved to tears.  I had a lovely day and some nice presents and because of the Bank Holiday I was still receiving cards later in the week!

The day after my birthday I went to stay with my brother and his wife until Friday.  The weather, which has been rainy and pretty dismal for ages, was not good.  We did manage to get into Eastbourne twice but both times it started to rain and the wind picked up.  We went to the Towner Art Gallery and saw some nice exhibitions.  We even managed to have a snack out on the roof terrace cafe but we soon had to move the table and chairs so we were under cover as the rain came.

Since being home I've been catching up with stuff and my son's girlfriend is staying this week, plus I have our Church Fair on Saturday at which our Mothers' Union group is providing lunches so I will be knee deep in jacket potatoes, fillings and cakes all day!

I've also been occupied with the online Poetry course I am doing - now in its seventh week.  Writing and responding in the forums takes time.

Added to all this Euro 2012 has started and I am glued to the TV watching as many games as I can and urging England on.  The front of our house has bunting up to cover the Jubilee through to the Olympcis!
So forgive my absence.  I will try to drop by here from time to time. 

By the way, my Olympic tickets have arrived!!!

Comments