Butterflies, animals and other small things

Yesterday I visited Studley Grange which is near Swindon.  My son's girlfriend works in one of cafe's but is leave as she is moving so I went with my son to see the place and his girlfriend got us into the Butterfly World/Animal Paddock for free and we got a half price meal.  The butterflies were gorgeous.  There are two butterfly houses, the second one was so humid my glasses steamed up straight away and everything looked foggy through my camera lens.  Coming out of the main butterfly house where those long plastic strips are across the doors, the butterflies would congregate flying around you like they know that this is the escape route.  So funny.  You have to be careful that a butterfly hasn't attached itself to you before you leave.  Apparently it has happened!

The animal paddock was great.  It was feeding time for the Otters and Meerkats which was lovely to see.  As you know I adore Meerkats.  Well, I just fell in love with these. They were smaller than I thought they would be and SO cute. Also in the animal paddock were rabbits, goats, guinea pigs, ducks, a goose, a turkey, some small birds, a quail and pigs.

At Studley Grange there is also a craft centre, kids play areas, sweet shop, ceramics (make your own), garden centre, pet shed and other small shops.  There was shop selling dolls houses and all the equipment (wallpapers, furniture, people, applicances).  I loved it.  There was also somewhere to buy card stock and everything you need to make your own cards.
Nearly forgot to mention that there was a 'Beastie' section with snakes, a spider, frogs and other small creepy crawly things, including some leaf-cutter ants.  There's something for everyone there - a good half day outing, probably longer if you have small children who want to go into the ball ponds etc.


It was a nice day out ending with a meal in a Wetherspoons pub in Swindon before I got the train home. I bought a soft toy Meerkat (of course) and I have named him Studley where I bought him!
Studley!

Comments