Resting at last

From my garden
Well, I took my knackered knees to the doctor this morning and he has recommended Ibruprofen Gel to be rubbed in four times a day, heat, rest and massaging the painful parts to get them moving again. Oh! Joy.  I've been on painkillers for the last two days as it is so painful to walk and getting up and down stairs has me moving like a 80 year old (though some 80 year olds move better than me anyway!). I was advised not to keep taking Voltorol because it can cause stomach ulcers so I'll leave them off unless I get desparate, though I am allowed Paracetamol.

I was determined to get to my choir concert yesterday so I dosed up before leaving.  Rehearsal was more standing than sitting (two hours) then we walked over to the Rose cafe for a half hour concert.  It was great to sing with the band again.  Our 'set' included a Counting Crows number called Sullivan Street, two African songs, Lowlands Away (English Folk song), Shoshone Love Song (English Folk), Hit the Road Jack (Ray Charles), I Can See Clearly Now (Johnny Nash) and One Day Like This (Elbow).  We did falter on Sullivan Street and our MD was urging us on and we got back into it and there were a couple of times when most of the sapranos lost their tune and went with the men so it was easier to just go along with it.  However, we really went for it for the Johnny Nash number and Elbow which we are really good at. 

I was glad to get home and put my feet up.  There is a break from choir for a while and I am going to take it easy for a few days and see if I can get my knees to recover.  I have lots to do at home - housework, yes, but I was thinking....reading, catching up on letters - housework means standing, so good excuse to give it a rest, though I did sit down to iron this morning!

Comments