Age brackets

I  know I am of a certain age but I don't feel it in my head.  I wouldn't mind trading in some parts for ones that work a little better but I don't have many complaints.  However, this morning I had a call from the company I have booked a holiday with who just wanted to point out that the cottage I'd book did have very steep stairs with a sharp bend at the bottom.  I knew where they were coming from. On the booking form I had to tick which age bracket me and hubby fall into and this time it included at the top end 65 years.  I bet they saw that and thought...mobility problems.  I thanked the young lady for pointing it out to me and said I had noted this in the description and we had no such problems.  Is this life from now on?  Maybe I'm starting to get a complex.  Once on a train a young man offered me a seat.  All I could think of was 'What, you think I'm too old to stand?'  I declined his offer but afterwards regretted it because it was a kind offer and I am still a lady and it's nice that men still offer up their seats for women.

Comments