Christmas is coming.....in song

I'm driving my family mad.  Why?  Because I keep wandering around singing Christmas songs and have been for the last few weeks.  This is all due to the choir I belong to.  Since September we have been learning our songs for the December concerts and we have to be able to sing them off by heart - no music, no lyric sheets.  It's going well and I am almost word perfect but I will be annoying everyone for a few more weeks yet.

At rehearsals today we had an accordian player come along to accompany us on two of the folk-type winter songs.  She is really good.  We were also told today that we will be singing two Christmas carols with descants - yipee - and another, Silent Night, we will sing the first verse in German.  I do like a challenge so am really looking forward to this.  I love the German language but can only speak a little of it but I like the idea of singing in a different language.

We have a workshop on Saturday.  Each section is having 'quality time' to knock everything into shape so the Sopranos have an hour before the next section comes in.  As well as our own end of term concert in the cafe of The Rose Theatre in Kingston on 5th December, we will be part of The Rose Theatre's charity concert on the 11th December (it was such an experience last year).  Tickets are selling for that really quickly and looks to be another sell-out.  We also have a spot on the concourse of Waterloo Station in London on 10th December at about 1pm in aid of The Stroke Association.

By the way, one of the songs we are singing is Let it Snow.  I can't sing this without thinking about Die Hard!

Comments