Handicrafts...the throw that took four years!

Four years in the making (including a year off!)
It's finally done.  Oh the relief!  I'm talking about the throw I've taken four years to complete.  It was a 'knit-a-square-a-week (The Art of Knitting magazine) which I slaved over and then horror of horrors I had to sew up the squares.  I hate sewing, really, really hate it.  I have to work up to sewing on a button so this was dreadful to contemplate......and shows in my sewing!  I completed the task of sewing it all together (badly) but then.....I had to crochet round the whole thing....twice!

It's years since I did any crochet.  My grandmother taught me but all was forgotten.  So, one year on and having done nothing I looked on YouTube to pick up the basics and then went out to buy the right size crochet hook.  I began yesterday and I finished it today.  Boy am I pleased it's done.  It looks okay if you don't look too closely but it's warm to snuggle under and now it's done I am at last free to start a new project, if I want to!  Perhaps something smaller.  I do wish I'd taken more care over the sewing now but it was such a daunting prospect and the tension on my squares is out on some.  It was very frustrating at times, especially where I had to count stitches for the pattern (one disruption and I've lost it).  Still, there is a satisfaction in completing it and mastering different knitting stitches One or two patterns I did give up on and reverted to one of the others but even so I was proud to have achieved it, however badly I did!

Comments