Catch-up time, courses and God's little joke.

The snow and cold is keeping me indoors.  I have no need to go out so I'm not!  I'm happy to watch my snowy world through the window, though there is a slight thaw here.

The idea is to use this time to catch up lots of things.  There's a batch of magazines that need my attention, some stuff I recorded that needs watching and books I haven't got back to.  Something I was meant to be at was called off yesterday afternoon and I was rather pleased, not because I didn't want to go but I'd have time to sort out a presentation I need to do for the end of nest week.

My two art history courses began this week.  The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood one is looking good, but I have to put together a five minute presentation in March - yikes! The New Issues in Art History is also interesting and, phew, so far not too taxing!  I learn better from lectures and slides.  I seem to retain the information better that way than from reading alone.  This course should help me with other courses I might take in the future and hopefully with the correspondence course I am doing (that reminds me I have an assignment to do on that).

With three courses and other stuff I'm involved in, this week has been a bit manic.  There has been reading to do, stuff to look up on the internet and I'm just about on top of the basic household chores.

On top of all this I was chatting to our vicar last Sunday about the Mothering Sunday service and how I would like to have our  Mothers' Union  branch more involved and showed him a a little dialogue I'd received from 'head office'.  He then said he was thinking of something more radical - he wants us to 'preach'!  That kind of means me, as branch leader.  I hate speaking in public and said I couldn't do that.  He  and a friend (ha!) ganged up on me and said I'm good with words, I  write poetry.  This is different!  Anyway, at the moment it seems I might be doing it but I'm not thinking about it at the moment because there is no more room in my brain to worry about anything else.  I do sometimes wake up in sweat at night and then can't get back to sleep. I'm aware that nearer the time I really might freak out and be unable to do this.  So far all I've done is mull over what I might say. I think I've found an angle and when the vicar returns from his holiday we are going to meet to discuss this presentation, as I prefer to call it.  God really knows how to drop me in it!

Comments