Music....what it means to me

As those who know me well will know I am a music addict but I always find it hard to write how it makes me feel.  The words are all cliches.  Perhaps it's because only music itself can ever hope to express those many emotions that it can conjure.  Sometimes it's the words, sometimes it's the music. Mostly it's both. Music can make me dance, cry, relax and sing along (sometimes even air guitar).  All music will interact with me and I cannot keep still, even with classical.  I also love watching musicians play.  I've always wanted to try the drums (watch out neighbours).

Anyway, I am going somewhere with this believe it or not.  Because words are so hard to get across about what music  means to me (which seems weird as I write poetry) I am going to let someone else do it for me. This song says everything.  It is a dramatic song with a lovely build up (great production). I proudly own this record on vinyl.  So it's over to you....John Miles :




Comments