Perfect Day

I should be sorting myself out for the evening but here I am doing some last minute blogging!  It's been a busy day with my last session of short tennis before the summer break.  Then it was back home for a quick lunch and out again down to the river Thames in Kingston for a wee sing-song.  Euphonix were performing at 2.45pm in Charter Quay.  Singing outside is never the same as indoors but we had a lot of fun.  Boy, it was hot!  There was no shade where we were and we sang for about twenty/twenty five minutes.  Our audience were the coffee drinking public sunning themselves in the outside cafes and restaurants and some high profile people, some of whom I didn't know except for Ed Davey who is the Member of Parliament for Kingston and Surbiton and the current Secretary of State for Energy.

After the first session we had a fifteen minute break when we all rushed for shade and water and then we moved along a little way and sang again.  We were going well so added some extra songs, including One Day Like This (the Elbow song) which we hadn't sung for ages but we managed without any problems.

I came home to find a large bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk though the letterbox.  I had no idea who it was from so I stuck it in the fridge. I didn't feel I could eat it in case it was put through by mistake or was for someone else in then house.  Just now I had a phone call from a gentleman at church.  It seems that I and another lady drew in the Book Quiz that was set in the parish magazine.  I am thrilled and can now eat it all the chocolate up!

Now I'm off for a shower as I'm out again tonight.  This time it is an annual summer supper organised by our Mothers' Union branch (of which I am leader).  I have my bottle, a raffle prize, raffle tickets and the cheesecakes.  We have the perfect evening for sitting in the garden, good company and good food.  A perfect end to a perfect day.  Cue song......!

We sang this today


Comments