Sunday Novelty Song (11)

Last night I attended a Big Band Concert at a local church. The Dave Marrion Big Band were back by popular demand.  This isn't the sort of music I would normally listen to, though I do like a bit of Glenn Miller. A friend asked me to go along and I do love live music so I thought I'd give it a go..  It turned out to be a brilliant night's entertainment.  Two members of the band were in the Ted Heath band and the Ivy Benson band (from the 1950's, I think).  Some of the musicians were in their 80's but boy could they blow a trumpet!  I actually knew most of the songs and they even did a Randy Crawford song and one by Barry Manilow.  My foot was tapping all night and I ended up singing to myself on the way home.  They are visiting again at the end of November so I think I might get myself a ticket.

Now for today's song.  Perhaps I should suggest to the Euphonix MD that we sing this next term!


The final Sunday novelty song will appear here next Sunday.  Don't miss it!

Comments