August comes in....silk white ceiling paint!

I'm into the big decorate.....hall and landing.  My muscles ache and I feel so tired after days of removing dust from the disintegrated underlay of the stair carpet and rubbing down paintwork.  I really didn't want to be doing this in summer but I realised that August is the only month I have when there is free time because the classes I attend stop and the group I run at church winds down. Come September everything kicks off again.

Anyway, I have decided to split work with pleasure instead of going all out to get the decorating done in a week or two. So I worked on Friday and Saturday and took Sunday off.  I finished all the prep work yesterday and today I have put the first coat of paint on the ceiling of the hall and landing.  Now I have the afternoon free and tomorrow I'm out nearly all day then I'll put on the second coat of paint on the ceilings on Thursday.  Then I have to decide on colours for the walls!

My lounge has all the hall stuff in it so its like an obstacle course because there were boxes of my son's old games consoles and games out there and hubby is trying to sell them on ebay.

Right, I'm going to rest my weary bones over lunch.  I can't think further than that!

Comments