It's all gone to my head!

Oh Boy, oh boy!  I'm excited.

Reason one:  Although I missed last weeks rehearsal, Dom, our MD has decided to put the songs that were taught by his stand in as part of our Christmas schedule.  We had a quick practice this morning and I was thrilled.that I shall get my chance to sing these songs.....I cannot tell you!  I'm now trying to get my tongue round all those Latin words for Gaudete - The Boar's Head is easier.  We will also sing another James Taylor song which I don't know called That Lonesome Road.

Reason two:  If that isn't enough excitement for one day the choir committee has appointed the MD to take over when Dom leaves at the end of the year.  It will be Ben who took the class last week and who we have sung with before. This in itself is good news because I found him a great choir leader, worked us hard and got the best out of us. Today one of my friends at choir said she'd 'googled' him and found that Ben had sung with Aled Jones and was part of a choir.  I have just 'googled' him too and found out that he is actually THE Ben Crawley of Libera, the boys choir from South London I've been a fan of for years.  I have two CD's with him singing!  I am still trying to take this all in.

So, here is Ben singing a few years ago with Libera.  Enjoy!



Comments