Another year over....

Welcome to a New Year. Nothing has changed - it's still wet and windy!

Did you go partying last night? I went to bed but heard all the fireworks going off.  I even got out of bed once to watch a few. Youngest son went to a party at his friend's house. He's not surfaced yet but I don't think he got home until gone 4am so it's not surprising. Other son is working (hey! to the retailer!)

We cut back a lot of presents at Christmas. I'm not mean but we really don't need a lot and I don't believe in buying for the sake of it. I buy what the family ask for (within reason). We draw up lists. I certainly need to give the men in the house a list or heaven knows what I would land up with!  I had lots of little items of food - nuts, lots of ginger (stem, chocolate and alcoholic drink!), vegetable crisps (don't laugh, I love them). Our eldest son bought me an imitation flame lamp. Don't know how to describe it really, but you plug it into the mains and it gives off a flame-like....flame!  I also had the Maeve Binchy Biography which I'm dying to read but have just started the book club read (Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper).

The completed Christmas Jigsaw 
We had two family presents - a box of chocolates where you spin the wheel and where the arrow lands, that's your chocolate. The other present is a jigsaw which was sent by a friend of our eldest son as a thank you for putting her up she she visits London. My son told her that we like funny picture jigsaws and this one is a funny Christmas scene produced by the man who makes the ones I usually get. So instead of opening the jigsaw I bought at the charity shop we did this one.  It's so addictive. Three of us (hubby, me and youngest) worked on it at different times (though once we were all shoving each other to get to parts so it at the same time!). We had it completed in three days!  I will save the other jigsaw for next Christmas.

Tonight I'm looking forward to watching The Deathly Hallows Part 2 which I've never seen and I might watch some TV this afternoon so there is something other than rain to watch!

Tomorrow I'm going to chill out and look in the local shops and see what's in the sales, maybe treat myself to a hot chocolate somewhere.

New Years' Resolutions? Heck, aren't they the same every year?! I want to lose a little weight (doesn't everyone?),  continue my walking challenge of the Thames and clear out my wardrobe and drawers (annual thing!).

I am starting a new online course on Monday. It has nothing to do with writing and I'll tell you about that soon.

Whatever you do this year may it flourish and bring you happiness.

Comments