Frantic week....still hanging in there!

V&A - Medieval and Renaissance
What a week it's been! Full-on with something happening every day. There was a special service at church with a lunch to follow and I felt I was running around like a headless chicken much of the time as I'd helped organise it and then realised I forgotten a couple of things. But the lunch was lovely and everyone enjoyed it - that's the main thing.

Wednesday Euphonix had an hour long rehearsal after a warm up followed by a free concert in the Rose Theatre which was well attended and great to do. After a fifteen minute break there was a free workshop open to the public and I, along with a few other choir members, went along to that to help with the singing while Ben taught some songs. We were soon doing rounds and harmony! However, because this was a free space we were interrupted by the actors of the play The Life of Galileo who needed to rehearse their lines so we had to end early. I wasn't sorry because my voice needed a rest and it was cold in the auditorium. It was nice to put my feet up when I got home but we had a visitor staying the night so I still had work to do.

Thursday was the last class in the art history course of Mosques, Palaces and Gardens. We met at the V&A Museum and had a guided tour with our tutor of the Islamic art section. All that standing played havoc with my back though. Before and after the tour I was sidetracked into other areas of the museum and took a few photos.

Yesterday, after dashing around the badminton and short tennis courts, I was making posies for Mothering Sunday! I still have a cake to bake but I'm off to get my hair cut later this morning - finally managed to fit it in!


Minbar from Egypt
--
Isnak tiles

Pages of the Qur'an

Mosque lamp. This would have been suspended from the ceiling

Comments