Unexpected singing opportunity at the Southbank

Why is it that sometimes there is nothing going on and then all of sudden there are two or three things I want to attend and they all fall on the same day? Having already committed myself to one thing I have to let the other opportunity go. I wanted to go and see Renita D'Silva who was giving an author talk at two local libraries - I could manage neither date. I enjoyed her first book Monsoon Memories so much. Now she has a second book out The Forgotten Daughter. I haven't read it yet but it's on my list. I was disappointed not to see Renita but hopefully there might be another time.

On Saturday there were free poetry events and a workshop at the Southbank Centre. Again I couldn't go as I was already committed but I thought there were some more events on today so I went up this afternoon only to find I was wrong - all the poetry events were yesterday. Then  before I knew it I was rehearsing for Voicelab's Big Love Sing! Well, I didn't want a wasted journey. Although I'd missed the first rehearsal I soon picked up my part and we rehearsed in The Ballroom for an hour and at 3.30pm we sang outside on the Terrace in rather damp conditions. It was good fun though. Our songs were We Are Family, Wonder, Get Up (James Brown song) and I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.
Rehearsal time with our teachers

Big Love Sing with Voicelab
So an unexpected sing this Sunday. What is rather ironic is that I could have taken part in Kingston's Big Sing today but decided not to do it! I ended up singing somewhere else instead!

1000 Act of Kindness by Adam Quang
Installation in the Royal Festival Hall


Comments