Carnival time

The town where I live has an annual fortnight of carnival with a parade on the first Saturday, open days (various), cream teas, music, heritage walks and more. On the second Saturday the high street is lined with stalls raising money for various charities as well as commercial stalls.

Every year I stop by the stall where a lady sells little knitted teddies. Yesterday I told her that I used to come by with my two boys when they were small and buy 'footballer' teddies and that now they were in their early twenties. The lady informed me that she was celebrating her 80th birthday and off to her daughter and family for a get-together. She is still busy knitting and attending events like this and the teddies are still as lovely as ever. She also knits Christmas tree decorations. This year I treated myself to a teddy! Do you like him?

I'm pretty sure the boys still have their teddies and sometimes they have asked if she still has a stall (they don't go down to the 'stalls day' so much now) and were pleased to hear that she was there. I hope that I shall  see her again next year.

Yesterday there was also  entertainment in the square near the station but I didn't go down there. Instead I went along to the local camera club exhibition which was excellent. I had my chance to vote for the three photos I liked. Thankfully it was cool in the church where it was held because outside it was boiling hot, humid and the flying ants were having their day! Later on we had a storm and the rain came down in stair rods. At least it cleared the air. Ah! summer.

Carnival

Comments