Advent is here....bring out the music!

Advent is here and Christmas is hurtling towards us - so it's time for the Christmas Playlist. Yes, it's back. It's the same one as last year but it's a whole year since it was last here so no complaints please!

I love this time of year. I have my Advent candle which I light each morning when I get up. I have one lamp on, sit with my first cup of tea of the day and watch the candle flicker. I am reading a Christmas book 'Walking Back to Christmas' by Stephen Cotterell. It is a new take on the Christmas story. I always choose a 'faith' book to read in Advent. I also have a couple of fiction books waiting in the wings for this seasonal period and can't wait to get to them!

Then there is the music - I love the carols and the cheesy songs like Slade's classic and this morning I am singing with Euphonix on Waterloo station concourse at 11.30am. We are singing for the Stroke Association and will be there for around about an hour. We have carols and other songs to delight travellers with. I am really looking forward to it (I have even given up the last art history class to sing - a hard decision but music won). We are tackling Carol of the Bells (from Home Alone), a complicated little piece. We messed it up at the last rehearsal so I've done my homework and listened to the midi files and typed up the Soprano piece which is much better than all the arrows I had on the first lot of words!

So if you happen to be passing through Waterloo come and have a listen. Now I'm off for breakfast. I have a train to catch!

Comments