Book Review

The Advent of Murder  is Martha Ockley's second book. I haven't read the first but I may well now seek it out.  Faith Morgan is a vicar who is a former police officer and when a young lad is found murdered by the river in her parish it is her former boyfriend DI Ben Shorter who is the investigating officer. Faith cannot help but become involved in the case as her as her parishioners all have opinions and her instincts kick in. This is an easy read and I was soon drawn in. The setting is just outside Winchester (ah I know it well) and I liked the characters. While the investigation is taking place Faith is also trying to organise Christmas in the church, nearly loses her Joseph for the pageant and goes in search of donkey. The victim of the story is a member of the youth choir who were to sing at Midnight mass. All of a sudden everything looks rocky and underneath all this is the simmering attraction between Faith and Ben which refuses to go away. I really liked this and look forward to more books my Martha Ockley in the future.

Comments