Book Review

I seem to have an abundance of detective novels at present and since I have pledged not to buy any books until I have read my current hoard I am diving into them.

Never having read any books by M C Beaton I wasn't sure what to expect from Agatha Raisin and the Fairies of Fryfam but it was a breath of fresh air after the non fiction book I'd just finished. The book was amusing, the plot (well, I didn't work it out) had twists and turns. I loved Agatha, consumer of microwave meals and amateur sleuth, her deliberating over the men in her life, especially one called James. It was an easy read, fun and just what I needed. There is a whole series of these books (apparently they have been broadcast on Radio 4) and I'd happily read more when I need a break from the more taxing novel. At around 250 pages (paperback) they are also a quick read.

Comments