A sunny afternoon of singing

This weather makes me feel very upbeat. This is my kind of time!

On Facebook this morning I've been having a nostalgia day, uploading videos of music from my past, talking about buying vinyl records from a local store for 9/6 and what pop posters I had on my wall. Just so you know, they included Tyrannosaurus Rex (as they first were), the Monkees (especially Davy Jones) and Peter Frampton.

As most of you know, music is in my blood - it is my life source! The world of recording studios and mixing desks was something that always appealed to me growing up. But to be in the world of music you have to be pretty extrovert and street wise and I was never going to be that. It never stopped me dreaming, though.

Chorus Fest, Southbank Centre, London
Monday was like a dream actually. The choir I sing with (Euphonix Community Choir) was performing outside the Southbank Centre in London as part Chorus Fest. We had a small stage by the Nelson Mandela statue for a half hour stint and we had a keyboard player for some of our songs. The sun was shining and it really felt like being in the spotlight. We had microphones and an appreciative audience. We sounded pretty good! The experience was wonderful. We knew our songs well (apart from Happy which we just about got through at the end). We had a mix of African songs and pop songs - pop included So Happy Together, Barbara Ann and the Adele song Rolling in the Deep, which I love now.

Even though I've performed in many concerts and in various places I never tire of it and this one was something special. Ben has certainly brought out the best in us. He keeps stretching us and I like that.

After our set I walked round to the front of the Southbank Centre where Pop Choir were singing. I was impressed with them. It's good to see so many choirs, so many ordinary people of all ages, races and sexes who thought they couldn't sing, having a wonderful time performing. I love performing and I can't keep still when there is music playing. May it never stop!

Pop Choir (there in the purple tops!)



Comments