Book Review - The Outcast Dead (Elly Griffiths)

Just finished reading The Outcast Dead by Elly Griffiths, which I borrowed from the library. As with all Elly's books, I was soon hooked. I am unashamedly a BIG fan of her books and the more I read from this crime series the more I get to know the characters who appear in each book, and love them all the more. In this book there are two plots running - the archaeological one with Ruth Galloway involved in a TV programme to seek the innocence of a woman hanged for the murder of a child in her care - and the detective one of the abduction of children and a possible murder. The usual crew are here DCI Harry Nelson, Dave Clough, Judy, Cathbad (the Druid) and a potential new suitor for Ruth in Frank a US Historian. Yes, sometimes the coincidences are perhaps a little too co-incidental, but heck, I love it all and I'm probably too biased to give a balanced view here! I read the book in five days and was sad that it was all over so soon.

At the back of this particular book is bio of the the main character, Ruth and a bio of the author, plus a short piece about how the book came about. I love all this stuff. There is also a preview of the next book which I didn't read otherwise I would have to go and buy it tomorrow!

Comments