Books, clothes and a new vocation?

Somehow I have ended up with three books on the go. It was never meant to be this way. The book by Edward Rutherfurd (now on page 433) is just too big to carry around and take away (no I will not give in and The Lost Diaries of Adrian Mole (Sue Townsend). I probably don't need to read it as I'm sure tomorrow will consist of pick and mix writing exercises but I cannot have a book in the house and NOT read it. I began reading it as soon as I got home and was soon giggling away. I'm not sure how I will get any poetry out of this. Still, I'm enjoying the book.
buy a Kindle!), so I found a smaller book for that purpose, hence the Alan Titchmarsh novel (over half way through). Tomorrow I'm attending a poetry workshop and for this I needed a book written as a diary. I no longer have any of those so I set off to the library yesterday with a mental list of suspects. I came home with

Yesterday I also picked up my latest book group read. Thankfully, it is a small book and as we don't meet until late July I have plenty of time to get to it.

While at the library the lady on the desk said 'I see from here that you've just celebrated your 60th birthday'. Yes, I said and waited for the bells and whistles and the naked man jumping out of a cake. Sadly, none of that happened except in my own head. She congratulated me and pointed  out that while my date of birth was right I had been put into the wrong age category - 20-29 - oh I wish!
She admired my yellow tee shirt and light blue long line cardigan (I didn't tell her that the tee shirt was one I rescued from sporty son's out pile. I do this regularly and also have a nice canary yellow zipped up sweatshirt...with hood!) after which we chatted about all things sixty. She admitted her 60th was coming up and there I was advising her about the Senior Citizens Railcard (recently purchased and used) and how to apply for one (she made notes). I think I spent longer chatting than choosing my book and it comes to something when I appear to be an authority on the benefits of being 60. I've found my vocation at last.

This video has nothing whatsoever to do with this post - I just like it. Takes me back to mock fights and jumping off the furniture....and that's just me! (no, not really)


Comments