Gearing up for the big sing!

All the singing rehearsals will prove their worth (hopefully) on Monday night when Euphonix Community Choir take to the stage at The Rose Theatre in Kingston. We are part of their charity concert featuring several local adult and children's choirs. We will arrive at 5.30pm for our on stage rehearsal and sound checks, and also to rehearse with the other choirs one song we will sing together at the end of the night.

I love all this, even though by the end of the evening I will probably have no voice left! We've already done some outdoor carol singing, two of which I've been involved in. We sang at Waterloo Station in London (competing with train announcements and platform changes) and in the shopping centre in Kingston. All have been good fun and at least the weather has been milder this year.

We have our final big concert on Wednesday - a free end of term bash in the cafe at The Rose Theatre. We have some nice festive songs and we will have the band for the last concert. All I need now is to keep well. It's always dodgy this time of year with so many viruses and colds doing the rounds. This coming week I call my 'get-through week'. After that I can collapse!

Here's a nice Christmas song from Owl City I came across yesterday - a reminder of what Christmas is all about.


Comments