The things we do in anger

image: www.freeimages.co.uk
I should have learnt. Kicking things in anger when you have just hit yourself on them, like a table, does not pay off. You always end up more hurt. So, what did I do? Two weeks ago I hit my head twice on the under stairs cupboard, once on my head and once on my eyebrow. So I kicked the door frame and then hurt my foot! Since then I have had pain in my foot (while the other bruises have gone). It hurts to walk because the pain is in my heel.

I spoke to our sports tutor last week, because she would be very up on injuries, and she thinks I've jarred something. We had a good laugh about it and then she told me about her father who had a bit of a temper. She said that one day he was doing something with a light fitting and he was getting annoyed with it. In anger he threw down the screwdriver which went right into his big toe and vibrated back and forth. Her family thought it was very funny. You see, it just does not pay. That reminded me of a client we used to act for when I was a secretary in a law firm. The guy was a trained pest controller and he accidentally shot himself through the foot. I told our tutor this one. Never had so much laughter been heard in a sports hall over the stupidity of the human race! Do share if you have any similar stores.

Comments