The usefulness of sons and a little music

Sons are great aren't they? Techie son was been very good to me today. Firstly, he got us a better deal for our broadband with our current provider (Virgin). He is much better at haggling than me and offered to ring them. He got our monthly payments down by around £10 per month and got a new router thrown in for free.

Secondly, he invited me into the pit (his bedroom) to watch our football team (Spurs) playing Colchester in the FA cup. You see he has BT Sport and we don't. I got the swivel chair which I love swiveling on and then saw his pack of Lemon Puffs, say no more! So while I moan about him, the state of his room and the molding food up there he has his good points.

Music....the food of life, or at least I couldn't live without it. For Christmas I was given two CD's, the latest Enya, which I asked for, and The Corrs, which was a surprise. Both CD's are great and I've been spinning them in the disc tray constantly.

Enya is Enya. I love all she does and this one Dark Sky Island is what I would expect. I played it along side her Christmas one all Christmas. Blended songs, that lovely echo sound (like in a bathroom!), simple songs that lull you. This is the first album in many years and worth waiting for,

The Corrs also haven't produced an album in a long time but this one White Light doesn't disappoint. The combo of pop and Irish songs is great. A friend's daughter introduced me to The Corrs years ago and I bought an album of theirs. Here is the first track on the new album. It has a certain trancy feel about it and that combo of chords that always does things to me. Can you find it??


Comments