Extreme pole dancing, snail slime and a robot restaurant

I've just returned from watching Ockham's Razor performing at The Rose Theatre, Kingston. The production is called Tipping Point and I'd call it extreme pole dancing! There are three guys and two girls who perform with between one and five poles. They balance, swing and turn separately and together. I found myself sitting forward in anticipation as the troupe worked the poles, including running through all five swinging poles (they were sometimes fixed to a metal galley and hung down). The whole performance was mesmerising and the accompanying music filled the auditorium with a suitable atmosphere. I'd booked a seat in the circle (to avoid the neck strain of looking up) and was thrilled with my view. Ockham's Razor are due to perform at artsdepot, London from 20th April before moving on to Newcastle and Cambridge, Huddersfield and Ageas Salsbury International Arts Festival in May. View the trailer for Tipping Point below.

On my way to the bus stop after the performance I popped into Holland & Barratt and as I was paying at the till for my two items the guy asked if I wanted to purchase their magazine. I thought about it (do I really want this?). He said 'there's some free samples with it.' This was getting towards a purchase. Then I looked at the samples and he said ' there's a sachet of slug gel'. I balked! 'Whatever next,' I said. 'It's not the snail itself it's the slime. No snails are killed.' He informed me. I'm sorry but that was it. No purchase and a lesson in how not to sell me a magazine! I'm still coming to terms with the fact that snail slime has some sort of health or cosmetic benefit. How do you use it? No, sorry, can't got there.

Goodies from Japan
And on to the robot restaurant. I know you are dying to know. My son, the one who has been holidaying in Japan, returned early yesterday evening, promptly dumped a whole wash basket of clothes on me and went to bed. I left him to it. This morning he came down and showed me his photos and gave me some gifts - incense sticks, tea towel, fridge magnet and two plastic vases (flat packed). Interesting. I have yet to see how they work. Think collapsible cups and you are on the right track. While in Japan my son went to many gardens and temples, met up with a Facebook friend, went to a baseball game and went to a robot restaurant. There is a film on his Instagram page and it looks like a scene out of a film. Actually there are three shows a night and the format is changed every few months to keep it fresh. Whatever floats your boat, I guess! He went to the Pokemon World and another shop to try and get something  his brother asked for (they didn't have it). He had a great time. It's nice to have him back, despite all the washing.

As for techie son and his broken knee, he is doing really well. He can do most everything for himself now and has exercises he needs to do to strengthen his leg. He is still wearing the brace (set at 80 degrees) and that will come off mid June. A second operation will be needed in the summer to remove the wires. The hospital were going to keep him off work for another six weeks but he is going mad (and driving me mad too) and wants to go back to work part time if they are agreeable. So, we wait to see what his company say. He is allowed to stand for no more than one to two hours. It's good he's on the mend but it's a long haul and is wiping out most of this year one way and and other.


Comments