Going Vegan for a Month - Day Six

I've never been a big breakfast eater - a bowl of cereal or toast is all I need. That's it. Sometimes when I'm holiday I have a veggie breakfast but I couldn't eat one every day. I like a cooked breakfast as an occasional treat and love Wetherspoons, who are very veggie/vegan friendly. So there is never going to be anything wonderful to report on the breakfast front in this blog! However, I do like mixing my cereal. This morning it was Corn Flakes and Grapes Nuts.

Lunch, as I said last night, had to be planned as I went up to London from my choir practice. I ate at the college Refectory and had Bean Soup and a roll. I'm now hungry! So, as I write this there is left over roasted veg from last night being reheated in the oven.


On my way to London I stopped at a shop in Kingston called Food for Thought and was excited to see they have lemon flavoured jelly (gelatin free, of course). I can normally only get the raspberry one. So I bought two sachets and have already made up one and it's cooling before I put it in the fridge to set. These crystals are amazing. They are the fastest to dissolve and set faster than normal jelly. I guess jelly is another throw back to my childhood. I love it and am looking forward to getting my spoon into some later.



And hubby was right. There is a Pret a Manger in Kingston. I've walked passed it every time I've been there! That's where I shall be eating next Wednesday before I meet the rest of the class (all five of us!) at the V&A to visit the Medieval and Renaissance Galleries.

Right, my food awaits! See you tomorrow.

Roasted veg - potato, parsnip, onion, red pepper, butternut squash, can of chopped tomatoes,
flavoured with tarragon and black pepper

Comments