Going vegan for a month - Day twelve

Yesterday I ended up with beans on toast for lunch because I didn't have much else and I wanted something hot. (I love beans but I was after something else yesterday). This lunchtime I had a craving for a cheese and beetroot sandwich and now with the vegan cheese this was possible. Yum! Went down nicely.



I made it back over to Tesco this afternoon with my eldest son and bought the Veggie mince and forgot the peas and sweetcorn! Techie son is going to put in a home delivery order to arrive on Thursday so we'll add those items to his probably mainly large snack list! He can order me some more soya milks at the same time.

There was a time when some soya milks were pretty awful but these days they all seem to be about the same. I prefer unsweetened but buy own brands as they seem much of  a muchness and are cheaper. With all foods and drinks you have to experiment and see what works for you.

Tonight I'm going to cook Quorn vegan pieces and do it with sweet and sour sauce and rice. I still have some left over Lentil bake but I'm saving that for tomorrow night as I'm out all day and it will save me cooking.

Although I've been talking a lot about snacks and showing you photos, I have actually been quite good. Apart from the peanuts and a few jelly sweets the other packets remain untouched. After lunch I ate half of a vegan flapjack and now wish I ate the whole of it! I'm getting hungry so I'll be cooking soon. Also found the vegan cheese in Tesco. It was in the Free From chiller cabinet not with the cheeses at all! There they have soft cheese (like Philadelphia) and a whole range of dairy free yogurts etc. I bought some Blueberry ones. Now I've found where they are kept I'll be back!

When I first started this pledge I seemed to spend an awful lot of time thinking about food. Now I have settled into it I'm finding it easier. It should be easier than the last time I went vegan because before that my diet was full of dairy, and it is much less so these days. I'd like to recommend a website to you called Fat Gay Vegan. It's a brilliant site and I've used it a few times. He blogs every single day and his posts are interesting and cover all sorts of area. Definitely worth reading if you want the low down on everything vegan.


Sweet and Sour Quorn with rice and roast veg



Comments