Going vegan for a month - Day Twenty-five

VEGANISM AND HEALTH

Vegans are supposed to be thinner and healthier than meat eaters. The vegan diet helps to lower cholesterol and makes people less susceptible to certain kinds of cancers.

So, am I thinner than I was? Just over three weeks is not long enough to know. As I've got older it takes three times as long to shed weight which would have only taken a month before. I don't bother with scales anymore. I can tell from how my clothes fit when I'm putting on weight or losing it (sadly that's rare!)

I know my cholesterol is high and I don't think it will have dropped enough to make any difference yet. The cheese alternative is not helping! At least I know that my weight, BMI, blood pressure and the amount of exercise I do keeps me pretty okay.

We all know what eating the wrong foods does, whether that's vegan, vegetarian or meat. I don't think that health is the main reason people change to a vegan diet. It's more to do with living a kind life. The health benefit is an added bonus. If you wish to find out more about the health benefits click here.

Today's meals are nothing to report really. Lunch was a banana and peanut butter sandwich (which I didn't have last night after all - I kind of snacked!) Dinner was the left over vegetable casserole from yesterday followed by a Provamel Vanilla Dessert and a Flapjack.

It was a lovely day today and I think I should have gone out for a walk. I had lots to do at home but I think it would have done me good. The cold gets to me. Sometimes I wish I could go off in search of the sun somewhere. The cold does things to my head and body. I feel tied, irritable and have no energy. Yet if I'd gone out I probably would have felt better as long as I was well wrapped up.

Oh last night in my snacking phase I had a bar of Mini Moos chocolate (vegan, of course). Wow! It was lovely. I'm going to go buy me some more. Maybe that will bring a smile to my face. Just one of those days for some reason.

Comments