Going vegan for a month - Day twenty-four

Well, I'm into my last week of veganism and it's been going great. And yes, last night I did prepare all the veggies for today's dinner, including making the dumplings which I put in the fridge in a food bag overnight. This morning before I left I chopped and fried an onion, mixed some flour and poured on some stock, added the vegetables (carrot, parsnip, swede and turnip) and made up with some canned tomatoes and water, flung in some chilli powder, mixed herbs and black pepper and put it into the oven.

I realised (again) that I'd forgotten my soya milk for after service refreshments at church, So this time I had orange juice topped with some hot water. Lovely!

By the time I got home the casserole had been in the oven on slow for three hours. I then divided the dumpling mixture (made with veggie suet) and added those. While it was finishing off I cooked some white potato and sweet potato and put another pan on for some greens.

Best of all everyone in the house ate it, including my hard core meat eating (sporty) son who said it was nice. Praise indeed!

I'm full! I think tonight will be a light tea when I can face it. Maybe I'll opt for a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Who knows?

That all for today folks!

Comments