Then overstuffed wardrobe and diet!

I made a small list of writing resolutions for this year, but for other areas of my life I have made just two:


  1. Streamline my wardrobe
  2. Eat healthily


Firstly the wardrobe. I did a complete overhaul of everything in it as well as my chest of drawers. At the end I had two full bags to take to the charity shop. So why does there seem to be just as much in both places? Perhaps the wardrobe isn't quite so tightly packed as before but even so. I have decided that I will only buy essential items this year - things to replace existing worn items. So this year so far I have bought a pack of thick socks (I had two pairs left, one had a hole in the toe!) and a pair of PJ's because I'd put some out. I also bought some trousers for my walking trips, light and easy to pack. I did need those!

As things wear out I will not replace unless I really need to! I am really trying to get my wardrobe down to an accepted level. After all I can only wear one thing at a time. Yet why is it when I go somewhere I stare into the wardrobe and vow 'I have nothing to wear?' There are two items in the wardrobe I have given a reprieve. If I've not worn them by the end of the year they go!

The hard part is when I go shopping with friends. I'm doing that tomorrow. Well, I'm meeting a friend for lunch but we always end up in the shopping mall at some point. Strong. I need to be strong.

Secondly, the eating/diet. There is still food here from Christmas and it seems I'm the only one eating it. So this particular resolution isn't exactly moving forward. I am trying to cut out cheese as much as possible and so far so good. The vegan change hasn't happened but I do still buy vegan products. I had a Quorn vegan escalope the other day and that was nice. I'm trying to make things from scratch but eggs is the hard one. While I was away I had a veggie all day breakfast with two poached eggs and yesterday I made a cross between an omlette and frittata  with leeks and spring greens. At least I am walking a lot and the hour and half on court each Friday morning playing short tennis and sometimes badminton helps with fitness levels.

So the eating healthily is getting there but it's slow. Now can I resist an impulse buy in the shopping mall tomorrow?!

Comments