Vegan chocolate mousse - amazing!

I'm all about obsession. I learned that eventually about myself. At the moment I seem to obsessed with vegan cooking, which is strange because cooking has never been high on my agenda - it gets in the way of more important things!

Maybe this obsession is because cooking vegan brings such surprises. The other day I saw a recipe online for a chocolate mousse made using the brine from canned beans. I watched the video and I thought no! Really! I had to try this for myself. I sent the hubs out for a can of chickpeas - he never does things by halves as I now have a cupboard full!

I had the other ingredients. So here it is proof this works and the result surprised even hubby. He liked it - shock/horror.


Drain a can of chickpeas (this should work with any beans in brine)
Keep the chickpeas for a curry or burgers!
Pour the liquid into a food processor and whisk (a hand whisk would do the trick too)
Whisk until it peaks like egg whites - yes it really works. I was amazed
and very excited!




Meanwhile break 200g dark chocolate into pieces and melt.
Leave to cool - not too long, it needs to be liquid. When you can touch it its' fine.

With a spatula mix in half the chocolate. Then stir in the other half

Put into a bowl or individual glasses and chill in the fridge for four hours or overnight

Serve and enjoy!

Credits - The Flexitarian 

Comments