Christmas at Tate

On Thursday I went along to Tate Britain to see Impressionists In London - French Artists in Exile 1870 - 1904. Artists such as Monet and Tissot came here to escape the Franco-Prussian War and produced a number of great art works, many were views of the River Thames. Monet became obsessed with the light and fog over the Thames, particularly the Houses of Parliament. He spent three years painting these scenes.

I really enjoyed the exhibition and it gave me a chance to also see the Christmas lights installation on the outside of the Tate.  I then wandered along the Thames,  crossed over at Westminster Bridge and up to the Oxo Tower where I stopped off to have a hot drink and my first mince pie of the season.

Here are a few photos. As this is my last blog post until after Christmas I'd just like to thank you for dropping by and joining me during the year.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.




Comments