Come on you Spurs! - An evening at Wembley

Arriving for the 5.30pm kick off. - Wembley
I hope you are all enjoying the first few weeks of January. I have had a slow start due to acquiring a nice little virus on Boxing Day and I'm still not 100%, but almost there. This last week I finally dipped my toe back into normal life and attended my usual things. I was desperate for some chat and decided even I couldn't sing I was going to choir just to have company. Actually, I did manage to sing - I was careful not to go mad though as I still have THE COUGH! Afterwards I headed out for lunch with one of my friends from choir. In the evening I even made it to Book Club!

I was less certain about running around at the Over 50's Racquets on Friday but I did it. I stood out for a few games and didn't quite throw myself around like I usually do, but I did play several short tennis games and two badminton and lived to tell the tale.

At Christmas sporty son gave me and techie son tickets for Wembley to see Spurs -v- Everton. We are both Spurs fans so this was a nice treat. He got us some really good tickets too. They were right in the gods but we had a clear view of the pitch and as the three rows in front of us were not in use we were in the front. I was worried we would have to stand (the unwritten rule, according to sporty son, is that you stand at away games and sit at home games) but this was a home game and we were at the front. No standing necessary!

It was cold but I wrapped up well - thick coat, hoodie over a jumper over a long sleeved tee shirt, hat, gloves, scarf, plus my walking shoes which have thick soles. Even so, by the end I was shivering and it took ages to get back to Wembley Park tube, though I was prepared for that. It amazes me how orderly everything is at Wembley. They do a wonderful job with crowd control.

The match was exciting and Spurs won 4-0 with goals by Kane, Son, and my favourite player Christian Eriksen. I must admit it was good to get warm again though. Here are a few pictures.







Last photo opportunity as we left



Comments