Names, books and sunsets

Nice reads I received at Christmas
Having changed the name of my blog at the end of December it occurred to me that not all my readers may have found me again. However, I wasn't sure how to let everyone know the new name because by the time I changed it, and the name didn't come back with 'this is already in use' I'd done it and the new name stood. Trying to find a suitable name was hard. I wanted something witty that encompassed  everything I write about - which is rather an eclectic mix, but is mainly arts based with walking! I even used a blog name generator to see what it could find. Who knew there were such things? However, there are all sorts of 'generators' out there I use for my writing from time to time, so why not blog names? Anyway, I'm getting as many views as before so someone out there is finding this blog!

Reading has been high on my list since Christmas, and as you can see, I was given a nice bunch of books as presents (family were given a list!) which I have now fed in with my other pile. The Tobacconist (Robert Seethaler) is set in 1939 in Vienna where 17 year old Franz is sent as an apprentice by his mother to the Tobacconist. With all the unrest of upcoming war Franz meets Professor Sigmund Freud (who frequents the shop) and falls for a girl. The shop is targeted twice as they serve Jews and the Tobacconist is arrested, leaving Franz to run the shop. This is a compelling story but ultimately sad. One of those stories that hangs on you when you finish.

Tonight there has been a lovely sunset and I have been in the back garden taking photos. Hope you like them.


Spot the moon







Comments