My last cultural event before the world went mad

Last Friday night I was at the Royal Festival Hall watching the Kodo Japanese Taiko Drummers perform Legacy. I have seen YouTube videos of them and have wanted to see them live for years. I was lucky to find tickets still available, and I was also aware that with Conronvirus surging that this might be the last ting I was able to attend before everything closed down. I was right.

The performance was absolutely breathtaking, with precision drumming that was powerful (as were the drummers themselves...you have to be disciplined and physically fit to do this. I believe it's a two year apprenticeship). The were mesmerizing to watch. Should they come back to London sometime I would definitely see them again, and get a seat closer to the stage, whatever the cost!

I can do no better than to leave you with this video which features some of the performances I saw. An amazing group of people.


Comments