Guided walk 2 - Rissington Church, Little Rissington

 

What a view, The Cotswolds

This morning this old laptop started with an error message about the fan and advised me not to continue using the laptop as it might crash, and that might be it...dead! I've ignored it, so I can put this post together. The laptop away for repair IS still working, so I've asked for it to be sent back to me urgently as it does recover from it's problem (graphics card which in a laptop is fused into the motherboard and to repair it is a £500 cost at least and a 14 week wait - it has to go to China!). I'm desperate now. 

So, while I can I'm using this until it gives up or until my laptop comes home to me. It's not helped by the fact that I couldn't get my Android Tablet to pair with my Bluetooth keyboard yesterday. Technology is out to defeat me.

I hope I am able to post next next week, and I'm relying on my holiday to fill in the gaps until I'm up and running again. 

On the walk



St Peter's Church, Little Rissington


The aim of the second walk was to reach St Peter's Church, Little Rissington which has connections to the RAF and has a graveyard and war memorial. High up in the Cotswolds, I can think of worse places to be buried with those views, though that might be a strange observation - it's the writer in me! The only other place I've felt like that about, and more so, was the graveyard in St Ives where the artist Alfred Wallace is buried. It overlooks the sea and is just beautiful.

RAF headstones



Stained glass RAF window



We walked through more muddy fields to get there. I was getting used to it now, and the hotel has a great boot room with sinks and scrubbing brushes to get your footwear clean afterwards. A fan blower helps dry shoes and boots out too.

A little muddy!



The church is interesting too with a lovely stained glass window with RAF planes. Do visit the link above to learn more about the church's history and for the photos.

Coming back we had to negotiate around some sort of mud pile moved by a farmer, and across a field, which in some places was waterlogged. It was all downhill and you know what water does! I'm always reluctant to walk across fields where farmers have planted things. It doesn't seem right and I try to walk between the ruts and avoid the plants. Maybe they are hardy plants. Even so, I'm careful and try to be respectful. Farmers have a hard enough time as it is.




The next blog will be about the free day we had to do our own thing and includes a visit to the Motor and Toy Museum and a bus ride to Stow-on-the-Wold. Hope to see you soon.



Comments